McCarthy Webb are aware that selling and buying your home is probably one of the most exciting decisions that you can make and we, as a firm,
take delight in ensuring that the transactions proceed as streamlined and efficiently as possible, taking you through every step, to achieve the outcome you desire.
Once terms have been agreed on your sale and purchase, either via an estate agent or direct with the buyer or seller then as a summary of the next steps, these would include;
- Receiving a sales memorandum from the estate agents, which would include the name of your buyer, and the solicitors representing them
- Arranging for you to complete various information forms relating to the property you are selling
- Preparing and submitting draft contract together with supporting paperwork to your buyers solicitors, and addressing any queries with you, that are raised by the buyers solicitors
- Obtaining any redemption statements (if you have a lender) and checking with you that these are correct
- Providing formal report to you on the contract, transfer deed and any appropriate paperwork to enable exchange of contracts to take place
- Subject to agreeing with you a suitable completion date, exchanging contracts at which time the buyer would pay the deposit agreed under the contract
- Providing you with a completion statement, listing all of the expenses involved and setting out the net proceeds of sale
- Proceeding to completion and on completion, whilst you are moving out of the property, we would redeem any mortgage, pay any estate agent and other relevant fees and account to you for the net proceeds of sale
- Receiving a sales memorandum from the estate agents, which would include the name of your seller, and the solicitors representing them
- Arranging for you to complete a questionnaire form relating to your purchase
- Receiving draft contract together with supporting paperwork from your sellers solicitors and raising relevant observations on the paperwork
- Reporting to you initially on the paperwork received and replies to observations received
- Placing in hand relevant searches against the property and when the same are to hand, reporting to you also on the results
- Receiving any mortgage offer, and checking that the terms are as you intend them to be
- Providing formal report to you on the property you are purchasing, to include the contract, transfer deed and stamp duty land transaction return form, together with any other relevant paperwork to enable exchange of contracts to take place
- Subject to agreeing with you a suitable completion date, exchanging contract at which time a deposit under the contract would be payable (if you have a related sale we would use this subject to any potential ‘top up’ by you if less than what is required in the purchase contract)
- Requesting any mortgage funds
- Preparing a completion statement to include all expenses and arranging for payment by you of any balance required to complete
- Proceeding to completion and on receipt of the transfer deed from the sellers solicitors, paying the stamp duty and registering your ownership (and any charge) at the Land Registry
Generally, the time involved for the above, for a straightforward sale and purchase can be within 4 to 6 weeks from receipt of the estate agents sales memorandum.
However, each sale and purchase is unique and we would discuss timescales with you, on further information of the properties involved, the chain within the transaction and any special requirements.
Please click here if you would like an estimate of the fees and expenses involved.
Please do not hesitate to contact ourselves if you would wish to discuss the above further, or have any queries.
21 Wish Road
Tel: 01323 400530
Fax: 01323 733493